Meet Maarten Walraven-Freeling, Channel Manager EMEA
Meet the people behind the music #StingrayLife
Maarten Walraven-Freeling – Channel Manager EMEA
With a PhD in History — where his research focused on the need for historians to listen to history — from the University of Manchester and a Masters in Cultural Analysis from the University of Amsterdam, Dutch-born Maarten Walraven-Freeling is no stranger to music and TV!
Maarten is based in Gouda, The Netherlands and has held the position of channel manager EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) at Stingray for 2 years. He conceptualizes strategic executions for the Stingray Classica, Stingray DJAZZ, and Stingray Festival 4K TV services. He also collaborates with the teams at our Montreal headquarters on operator lineups for Stingray Music and acts as a liaison with our music programmers. Maarten infuses his creativity and devotion to detail into projects that boost Stingray’s brand image and generate demand.
More about Maarten
- Maarten was the curator of the third regional TEDx event in Zwolle, the Netherlands. His aim was to connect as many people as possible to each other and to great ideas. Theme: Discover. Fail. Reflect. Adapt.
- Maarten has curated TEDxUniversityofManchester and co-curated TEDxManchester. He will continue to connect people with TEDxGouda in 2018.
- He is a jazz aficionado, but finds joy with all genres of music, from John Zorn’s free jazz oto Steve Reich’s desert music, Dead Cross’ punk metal and Portishead’s trip hop. And let’s not forget the wonderful Firebird Suite by Stravinsky or Kendrick Lamar’s rhymes.
- You can find him at the North Sea Jazz Festival, discussing the latest music article that caught his eye with his colleagues, or spending time with his family.
- You can always talk to Maarten about the future of TV.