Are you ready to dive into the heart of news reporting and be part of the pulse that keeps our province informed? Look no further – VOCM has an exciting opportunity that will put you at the forefront of local journalism with the Newfoundland and Labrador’s News Leader!
If you can picture yourself in the midst of breaking stories, capturing the essence of our vibrant communities, and delivering news that matters, apply today!
- Researching, writing, reporting and on-air reading
- Developing and following up on story ideas, gathering news information and helping maintain the news website
- Ability to monitor social media for provincial news, traffic and weather information
- Must be willing to work any and all shifts.
- Broad digital and broadcast journalism skills
- Fast paced environment, must be able to adjust on the fly, work well under pressure while multi-tasking
- Solid news judgement
- Excellent interviewing, reporting and writing skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- A strong work ethic with a team-oriented approach
- Valid driver’s license
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this position?
- Complete the following Employment Equity Self-Identification Form: stingray.com/employment-equity-survey
- And then send us your resume to email@example.com
If you’re ready to amplify your passion for news and unleash your broadcasting prowess, don’t wait another second! Your ticket to the news journey of a lifetime with VOCM. Apply before September 22nd, 2023 and let’s make headlines together!
Stingray Radio and Digital supports the principles of Employment Equity is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve. Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.
Stingray Radio and Digital requires all applicants to be legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship. Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.