At Stingray, creativity, collaboration and innovative technology are the pillars of our DNA. Are you ready to rock your career by joining a growing company, a team of music enthusiasts in a stimulating and fun work environment?
We are currently looking for a Team Lead – IT to join our Backend team, commonly known as Kraken. This position reports to the Director of Software Development, Apps Unit.
If you are an IT team manager who has worked as a developer for a few years and has taken a tangent in team and project management, highly motivated, adaptable, and passionate about technology and innovation, we need you!
- Team Management: Ensure the daily management of the development team and ensure that each member is supported in their role
- Task Planning and Management: Distribute tasks among team members and track their progress
- Communication: Serve as the main point of contact for the team and projects with other stakeholders
- Team Objectives: Set up team objectives aligned with the company’s higher objectives and ensure their follow-up
- Performance Evaluations: Be responsible for the performance evaluations of team members
- Career Path: Help team members plan and navigate their career path
- Project Planning and Monitoring: Create a project plan, including defining the scope, objectives, tasks, deadlines, and costs
- Project Monitoring and Control: Track the progress of the project compared to the initial plan and make necessary adjustments
- Resource Management: Allocate and manage the resources needed to carry out the project
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of programming languages (mainly Java)
- Interest in artificial intelligence and its applications
- Enthusiasm to explore and adopt new technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Good communication skills (French and English)
You will thrive with us if you have (optional)
- Strong problem-solving skills and intellectual curiosity
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Comfortable in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Experience with API development, mainly intended to be used by Front-end applications.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure
- Knowledge of containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
The team you’ll be joining
- A young and dynamic team of 8 developers who take care of our backend and broadcast services. The team has a collaborative work style.
Life at Stingray
- A cool office in Montreal
- Stingray café with breakfasts and snacks offered every day
- Flexibility to work from home for a maximum of 2 days per week, depending on needs
- Share purchase plan (with a contribution from Stingray)
- Access to virtual healthcare
- Free fitness classes offered weekly
- Access to private nutrition & wellness advising
- Free language classes
- Discounted lunches from local restaurants
- Summer hours
- Milestones celebrated with our loyalty program
- 5@7 and vibrant social events
- And much more!
Montreal-based Stingray Group is a leading music, media and technology company with over 1,200 employees worldwide. Our offices are located in the Old Port of Montreal just minutes from the Lachine Canal bike path, a prime location for picnics or a jog at lunch time.
Stingray supports the principles of Employment Equity and is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve and in which we operate. Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.
Not the job for you? Go to jobs.stingray.com to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray, we’re always on the lookout for new talent.
"*" indicates required fields