Are you passionate about radio and connecting with an audience? Are you incredibly organized and happy to oversee many projects at once? Stingray Radio Sudbury has a rare opportunity for someone who knows how to have fun and can represent our brands in an energetic, responsible, and professional manner both on and off the air. The successful candidate will perform a variety of tasks for our two top performing heritage stations, The New Hot 93.5 and Rewind 103.9.
- Oversee and facilitate relationships with both programming and sales departments to ensure that both constituents are served consistently in the interests of pursuing ratings and revenue
- Working closely with programming departments and on-air talent to come up with strategies to improve ratings
- Being instrumental in the creative development of station promotions & sales campaigns
- Successfully executing and managing all aspects of promotional campaigns
- Attending all major station events and client events as required
- Development and supervision of the Promotions Department, including coordinators and brand ambassadors. Scheduling and HR management of team
- Chairing weekly promotions meetings
- Scheduling, booking and executing station contests and sales promotions
- Managing inventory of prizing
- Balance our promotions budget and executing external marketing plans
- Managing and ensuring brand consistency on station websites and social media
- Creating graphics for websites and social media as required
- Prepare and host on-air shows, live or voice tracked, as necessary
- Previous experience working in radio, including on-air experience.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Strong writing, power-point, photoshop, and oral presentation skills
- A strong understanding of the role of promotions regarding the brand of the station
- Ability to lead and inspire our street team
- Awareness that radio is a 24/7 medium and willingness to step up outside of the 9-5
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, and audio editing software
- Valid G-Class driver’s license
If this is YOU, then please do the following:
- Complete the following Employment Equity Self-Identification Form: www.stingray.com/employment-equity-survey
- Send us your resume to: Mick Weaver – General Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions deadline: Friday, December 9th, 2022
Stingray Radio supports the principles of Employment Equity is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve. Women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and members of racialized groups are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.
Stingray Radio requires all applicants to be legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.