At Stingray, creativity, collaboration, and cutting-edge technology are the pillars of our DNA. Are you ready to watch your career take off with a team of tech-savvy music lovers in a stimulating and fun work environment?
We are currently looking for a Assistant Controller to join our EMEA-Asia Finance team. This position reports to the EMEA-Asia Controller.
If you are a dynamic person with great analytical and organizational skills, we want to hear from you!
- Prepare, coordinate and oversee month-ends and accounting cycle
- Review transactions and prepare monthly financial analyses (monthly P&L analysis)
- Support technician, analyst and AR specialist in analysis and estimates files
- Prepare supporting documentation for monthly financial statements (including supporting schedules for balance sheet accounts)
- Review VAT reports, Bank Reconciliations, Accounts Payables and Accounts receivable reconciliation, intercompany transactions, commissions reports and FX revaluations
- Support the preparation of the local annual audit and quarterly reviews for all international companies
- Prepare analysis for various ad-hoc projects and other financial requests
- Cooperate with other departments to improve business processes
- Must be perfectly bilingual, 80% of the job is in English
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or any related field with an accounting concentration
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant accounting experience
- Great computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of the Great Plains accounting software is an asset.
- Experience in “Big 4” accounting firms is an asset
Life at Stingray
- Share purchase plan (with a contribution from Stingray)
- Access to virtual healthcare
- Stingray café with breakfasts and snacks offered every day
- Free on-line fitness classes offered weekly
- Access to private nutrition & wellness advising
- Free language classes
- Discounted lunches from local restaurants
- Summer hours
- Milestones celebrated with our loyalty program
- On-site live artist performances*
- 5@7 and vibrant social events*
- Flexibility to work from home*
- And much more!
*Some perks on hold during pandemic context
Montreal-based Stingray Group is a leading music, media and technology company with over 1,200 employees worldwide. Stingray is a premium provider of curated direct-to-consumer and B2B (business to business) services, including audio television channels, more than 100 radio stations, subscriptions content, 4K UHD television channels, karaoke products, digital signage, in-store music and music apps, which have been downloaded over 150 million times. Stingray reaches 400 million subscribers (or users) in 156 countries.
Stingray’s offices are located in the Old Port of Montreal just minutes from the Lachine Canal bike path, a prime location for picnics or a jog at lunch time.
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this role, please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stingray supports the principles of Employment Equity and is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve and in which we operate. Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.
Not the job for you? Go to jobs.stingray.com to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray, we’re always on the lookout for new talent!
Apply for this position
"*" indicates required fields